In our day to day life, all are busy with their own works and they don’t have any time to concentrate on their health. Work are broadly categories into two: Mental Work and Physical Work. Physical work is nothing but the activities perform by our body, When the body performing physical work, body muscle involve in it directly or indirectly which causes muscle related disorder like muscle pain, back pain etc. So, in this article I provide you complete information related to back pain and also telling you how to reduce it by doing simple exercise at home.
What is Back Pain
Back Pain is nothing but the pain in back side muscles of the body. It may be due to injury, activity or medical conditions. It can be affect at any age, for different reasons. Back Pain have two types: Lower Back Pain and Upper Back Pain.
Lower back pain may be linked to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae, ligaments around the spine and discs, spinal cord and nerves, lower back muscles, abdominal and pelvic internal organs, and the skin around the lumbar area.
Pain in the upper back may be due to disorders of the aorta, tumors in the chest, and spine inflammation.
Causes of Back Pain:
The common causes of Back Pain are:
1) The way you walk or Run: Normally we walk 3000 to 4000 steps a day. So, it is very important that how we walk otherwise some problems may arise like foot pain which causes directly strike on the back muscles of body.
2) Video Gaming: Today most of the youths are involved in non physical activities like video gaming. In this activity, we have to sit continuously for longer time and because of that the posture of human get disturbed which cause back pain.
3) Heavy Material lifting or handling: During physical work like heavy material handling or lifting from one place to another place, most of the body muscles are involved. If that work is not able to handle by body muscle then stretching of muscles cause back pain.
4) Excessive Exercise: Sometimes excessive exercise may cause stretching of back muscle. So, it is important to do exercise in limit.
5) Minor Accident: Due to some minor accident like fall from small height, sudden bending, vibration in body during riding etc. causes pain in backside muscle of body.
To overcome such a back pain in body can be reduced by doing right exercise for right time. So, here I explain you some back pain relief treatment exercise at home which definitely help you to reduce it and maintain your healthy lifestyle:
1. Knee to Chest stretches
Knee to chest stretches is very simple exercise which can help to elongate the lower back, relieving tension and pain.
Steps to perform knee to chest stretches are:
1) Lie on the back on the floor.
2) Bend the knees, keeping both feet flat on the floor.
3) Use both hands to pull one knee in toward the chest.
4) Hold the knee against the chest for 5 seconds, keeping the abdominals tight and pressing the spine into the floor.
5) Return to the starting position.
6) Repeat with the opposite leg.
7) Repeat with each leg 2–3 times twice a day.
2) Bridges Exercise
Bridges exercise is special type of exercise which strengthens your lower back muscles of body. This muscles are responsible for movement of hips in all directions. This exercise will help to reduce lower back pain.
Steps to perform bridge exercise:
1)Lie on your back.
2)Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground.
3)Then just lift your hips and put it back to its original position.
4)Repeat at least 15 times in a group.
3) Lying Lateral Legs Raises
This exercise is useful to provide support to the hip bone which located at back side. By doing this exercise you will be able to reduce the back pain injuries up to certain extends.
Steps to perform this exercise:
1) Lie on a mat on the floor, face up, legs extended.
2)Place your hands underneath your lower back
3) Begin to raise your legs toward the ceiling, pressing your thighs together and keeping the legs straight.
4) Lift until your hips are fully flexed and you can’t go any higher with straight legs, then lower back down and repeat.
4) Partial Curls
The abdominal muscles which is located below stomach in back side play a significant role in supporting the spine. Strong abdominal muscles can help maintain proper hip alignment. This can contribute to overall core strength and stability.
Steps to perform Partial Curls:
1) Lie on the ground with your feet flat on the floor, keeping your knees bent.
2) Cross your hands over your chest.
3) Take a deep breath. While you exhale, brace your abdominals by pulling your belly button in toward your spine.
4) Slowly lift your shoulders off the ground a few inches. Try to keep your neck in line with your spine instead of rounding, to avoid pulling up with your neck.
5) Return to starting position.
6) Repeat 10 times. Perform 3 sets.
5) Superman Exercise
This is best exercise to boost the back strength fast at home. This exercise help to support back muscles so indirectly affect the back pain.
Steps to perform Superman exercise:
1) Lie facedown with your arms and legs outstretched, holding a medicine ball in your hands. Your forehead should be on the floor too.
2) Exhale as you slowly lift arms, legs, and head off the floor. Keep arms and legs straight (not locked) as you hold up your weight and the weight of the medicine ball.
3) Hold for 5 seconds.
4) Exhale as you lower back down.