Fruits, vegetables and grains are eaten mainly raw. The idea is that heating food will destroy its nutrients and natural enzymes. It is not good because enzymes can promote digestion and fight chronic diseases. You cook it, you kill it. People who follow a raw food diet believe that eating raw food can improve their health and may reduce health risks. Switching to raw food can lead to weight loss. At almost any age, eating raw fresh produce rather than cooked food keeps our bodies vibrantly healthy. As a result, it is strongly advised to include some raw food in each meal. Continue reading to know the foods that should be eaten raw for maximum health benefits.
Foods that should be eaten raw.
1. Beetroots – Beet is rich in healthy vitamins, such as 5 important nutritional vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium and protein. It includes excess fiber and folic acid. Rub the base vegetable onto the salad for a splash of colour. Or combine it with cooked chickpeas to make a delicious beetroot hummus.
2. Corn – Corn is high in vitamin B1, folate, vitamin C, and dietary fibre. Raw corn on the base is just as sweet as cooked corn on the cob and maintains more nutrients.
3. Nuts– Raw nuts are very healthy. Nuts contain unsaturated fatty acids and other nutrients.
4. Tomatoes– Tomatoes is the main dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene. It is associated with many health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer. It is also an important source of vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and vitamin K.
5. Onions– It is high in immune-supporting nutrients such as selenium, sulphur compounds, zinc, and vitamin C. Onions contain antioxidants and compounds that can fight inflammation, lower triglycerides and lower cholesterol levels-all of which can reduce the risk of heart disease. Their powerful anti-inflammatory properties may also help reduce high blood pressure and prevent blood clots.