Lifestyle behavior is the most important factor of short-term and long-term well-being. Develop healthy lifestyle habits will have a significant impact on overall health. The Main components of a healthy lifestyle includes physical exercise, balanced nutrition, rest and stress management.
Daily physical exercise and good nutritional foods are the key components of developing and leading a healthy lifestyle. Physical exercise and healthy food can improve the quality of life. It helps to boost energy, assists in weight management and improve self-esteem. Regular physical exercise can directly reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease, high blood pressure etc. and can extend life.
Definition of Fitness
According to the definition of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), physical resilience refers to “the ability to perform daily tasks in an energetic and alert manner without being excessive fatigued, and having enough energy to enjoy freedom time and respond to emergencies “According to this definition, fitness involves everything from getting out of bed to hiking to performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Components of Fitness
Depending on the source, the components of fitness can be vary. Below are common components:
- Cardiorespiratory endurance – It measured by how long or fast a person can perform an activity and how this impacts measurements such as heart rate and oxygen consumption.
- Muscular endurance – It measured by how many repetitions of an exercise a person can perform. Common tests involve push-ups and sit ups.
- Muscular strength – It measured by how much weight can be moved in relation to repetitions. Exercises involving multiple joints and muscle groups.
- Muscular power – It measured by how much force can be generated during a given activity. Advanced equipment used by bio-mechanists are often needed to measure muscular power.
- Flexibility – It measured by how far a muscle group can be stretched or joint can be moved. The most common tests involve the hamstrings and shoulders.
- Balance – It measured by how long a particular position can be held with or without some type of activity being performed. Simple tests such as standing on one leg can be used to assess balance. More advanced tests may involve standing on an unsteady object while trying to catch a ball.
- Speed – It measured by how quickly an individual can move from one point to another.
How Nutritional Food affect Life
Nutrients are the nourishing substances in food which are essential for the growth, development and maintenance of body functions. It means that if a nutrient is not present, aspects of function and therefore human health decline. When nutrients not taken regularly, the metabolic processes slow down or even stop.”
10 steps for Healthy Life
Here are 10 steps that will help you to maintain healthy life:
- Don’t smoke.
- Be physically active every day.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in whole grains, lean protein, vegetables, and fruits such as banana, apple etc.
- Be sure to get enough vitamin D and calcium.
- Maintain a healthy weight and body shape.
- Challenge your mind.
- Build a strong social network.
- Protect your sight, hearing and general health by following preventive care guidelines.
- Floss, brush, and see a dentist regularly. Poor oral health may have many effects. It can lead to poor nutrition, pain and possibly even a higher risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Discuss with your doctor whether you need any medicine to help you stay healthy.