Pitaya is the fruit of several species of cactus native to America. Dragon fruit is grown in Southeast Asia, India, the United States, the Caribbean, Australia, Central America, and the entire tropical and subtropical world. Dragon fruit looks bizarre, but its taste is similar to other fruits. Its taste is described as a slightly sweet mixture between kiwi and pear. The fruit is low in calories, high in vitamin C and fiber. Now let’s see the nutrition value and Health Benefits.
Nutritional value per 100 g or 3.5 oz
Protein- 3.5 grams
Fiber- 1.9 grams
Fat- 0 grams
Vitamin C- 12% of Daily Value
Calcium – 105 milligrams
Sodium- 38 milligrams
1. Improve Immunity System– Pitaya is rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which is good for your immune system.
2. Good digestion– This fruit contains a rich source of oligosaccharides (carbohydrates), which helps to promote the growth of good bacteria such as flora and thus facilitates smooth digestion.
3. Maintain blood pressure– High fiber helps maintain blood pressure and weight.
4. Maintain Diabetes- Dragon fruit has been used to treat high blood pressure and the seeds have been used to help regulate blood sugar levels, making dragon fruit useful for the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes.
5. Prevent chronic diseases– It contains several effective antioxidants which help to prevent chronic disease.
6. Good for heart– The tiny black black seeds in the fruit are rich in omega-3 and omega-9 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
7. Healthy Bones– Fruit contains a lot of magnesium, which helps makes stronger and healthy bones.
8. Maintain eye sight– It is rich in vitamins A, C and carotene, these vitamins nourish and protect the cornea.
This fruit become very popular due to its many health benefits and nutrients.