Carrots are root vegetables, usually orange. It is Crispy and delicious, rich in nutrition. Carrots are a good source of β-carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants. Also maintain healthy cholesterol and prevent heart disease. There are many ways to eat carrots. During digestion, only 3% of β-carotene is released from raw carrots. Pulping, cooking and adding cooking oil can increase it to 39%. They can chopped, boiled, fried or steamed, and cooked in soups.
In India, carrots are used in many ways, such as a salads or as a vegetables. A popular variant in northern India is the Gajar Ka Halwa. Grate the carrot dessert and cook in milk until the whole mixture is solid, then add the nuts and butter. Carrot juice is widely sold as a health drink.
The Health benefits of carrot and nutritional value are discussed below.
Nutritional value per 100 gram (Raw Carrot)
Energy – 174 kilo-joule
Carbohydrates – 9.6 grams
Fat – 0.25 grams
Protein – 0.92 grams
Fibre – 2.8 grams
Vitamin K – 13% of daily value
Vitamin E – 0.65 milligram
Calcium – 33 milligram
Potassium – 320 milligram
Iron – 0.3 milligram
Health benefits of Carrot.
1. Regular consumption of carrots can lower cholesterol. The fibre of carrots is mainly soluble fibre, which can help lower blood cholesterol levels.
2. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which is an essential nutrient for good vision. Eating carrots will provide you with a small amount of vitamin A for good vision.
3. The large amount of dietary fibre in carrots plays an important role in maintaining good digestive health. Fibre makes the stool bulky, helps the stool pass through the digestive tract smoothly and prevents constipation.
4. Vitamin C contributes to the production of collagen. It is a key component of connective tissue and is essential for wound healing and maintaining good health.
5. Carrots are rich in various vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, such as vitamin B6 and K, potassium, phosphorus, etc., which help bone health, strengthen the nervous system and help improve brain power.